RustPlusBot has many powerful features accessible using team chat and Discord commands.
Support for RustPlusBot on Stream Deck devices is now available! You can control your paired devices, get server events and information, and even use it as a mini-map.
The RustPlusBot plugin directly integrates with your bot, and is completely free. You can install it by accessing the Stream Deck store for your device. Click the Store icon and then click Plugins on the left.
Team Chat Features:
- Receive alerts for Patrol Helicopter, Bradley Tank, Cargo Ship, CH-47 Chinook (Heavy Scientists), Oil Rigs, and Locked Crate drop
- Display approx. time remaining until the next Heli, Bradley, Cargo Ship, and Locked Crate should respawn
- Control individual Smart Switches or a group of Smart Switches using the same name
- Get real-time information from Smart Devices including the Storage Monitor
- Display Smart Alarm alert messages when activated
- Display Storage Monitor connected TC decaying alerts
- Display the items from recycling a paired Storage Monitor container contents
- Promote yourself or a team member to team leader (when the bot is the team leader or the player has previously paired with the bot and server)
- Lookup a player's online status using BattleMetrics
- Track a player's joined or left status on the server using BattleMetrics
- Display the server time, and when is the next night or day cycle
- Display the server population including queue information
- Display a team member's Steam reputation using Steamrep
- Display all AFK team members and for how long
- Locate team members and display their coordinates
- Locate the team leader and leader map note, and show their coordinates
- Display all nearby team members and their distance from you
- Find vending machine items and related information
- Find monuments and display their coordinates
- Display a monument's radiation and minimum armor required
- Be notified when a vending item becomes available using item name or item price
- Be notified when a vending machine's contents change and show the difference
- Be notified when a paired Storage Monitor's contents change and show the recyled items
- Be notified when a paired Storage Monitor's contents contains an item quantity if it was recycled
- Search for items in a Storage Monitored container
- Display the contents of a Storage Monitored container
- Display the upkeep for all paired Storage Monitored TCs
- Track a vending item in a specific location on the map
- Lookup the history of a specific vending item on the map
- Lookup the top 5 most common vending items on the map
- Lookup the RustLabs durability of items or building blocks
- Lookup the RustLabs decay time for a building block
- Lookup the RustLabs despawn time for an item
- Lookup the RustLabs crafting cost and time for an item quantity
- Lookup the RustLabs repair costs for an item or building block
- Replace your timed water setup for farming with Smart Switch auto-toggling
- Replace your Solar Panel activated night lights with a night-triggered Smart Switch
- Automatically turn on your SAM site switch with a team offline status-triggered Smart Switch
- Measure any length of time using the Stopwatch commands
- Set reminders to be alerted in the future
- List the latest Rustafied news entries
- Mirror all or only mentions in team chat messages
- Create useful trackers that automatically update their content
- Control Smart Switches from a tracker
- Control Smart Switches and get information from Smart Devices
- Display server or device pairing, smart alarm, and player death alerts
- Display a tracked player's joined or left status on the server using BattleMetrics
- Display an alert when a team member comes online
- Display the team roster including their coordinates
- Display the most recent game events
- Display the server information and map
- Find vending machine items and related information
- Start, stop, and restart the bot
- Configure the bot's settings and permissions
- Configure what game events the bot will announce
- Configure aliases for the bot's commands and responses
- Configure post-action team chat commands for: Server Connect, Player Death, Device On/Off, and Device Inactive
- Configure your player tracking list and see the player tracker history
- Customize the bot's Discord notification's colors and channels
- Manage your paired Smart Devices and unpair all or inactive only
- Control Smart Switches and get real-time information from Smart Devices
- Display the container contents of a paired Storage Monitor device
- Get direct links to externally control Smart Devices using a Stream Deck or for use with IFTTT
- See the server's map and all markers / team members, and interact with it (including vending item searching / team chat display)
- Install official plugins to expand the functionality of the bot
- Create your own plugins for the bot in the Plugin Studio
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Quickly find answers to the most common questions about RustPlusBot:
Question: How many players can use the bot in the same Discord?
Answer: There is no limit to how many players can use the bot's commands, however, only one player can pair to the bot at a time (see Update Token).
Question: I've invited the bot to my Discord but nothing happened, now what?
Answer: Make sure RustPlusBot has the required permissions (see Inviting the Bot). If you can see the bot in the channel you are in, then type command:
Question: Is this cheating or some kind of exploit?
Answer: The bot talks to a server the same way the Rust+ mobile app does and therefore is not an exploit or cheat. Many server admins already allow its use and Facepunch has said they are ok with it.
Question: What servers has the bot been tested on or approved to use with?
Answer: The bot was developed while playing on Rusty Moose and PlayRust Reddit servers, and was allowed by the admins.
Question: Will the bot work on a modded server?
Answer: It may or may not work with a modded server. Some modded servers restrict team chat to the Rust+ service while in-game.
Question: The bot works on my modded server, but the events respawn faster. How can I configure this?
Answer: RustPlusBot allows you to configure the events respawn ratio in the Events config. Set this ratio to how fast events respawn, for example: 3 for 33% faster.
Question: Can I change the prefix or any bot commands?
Answer: You can change the bot's default prefix and create Aliases to change bot commands and its responses in RustPlusBot settings.
Question: Can I permit or restrict who can use the bot commands on my team?
Answer: You can create Permissions to restrict bot commands to certain players in RustPlusBot settings.
Question: Can I change the bot's language to something other than English?
Answer: Yes, you can change the bot's default output language in RustPlusBot settings.
Question: Can I control any Smart Switch on the map if I guess its device ID?
Answer: No. Building privilege is required to control a Smart Switch.
Question: Is it possible to toggle a device using only the paired name?
Answer: Yes, you can toggle any paired device by simply typing its name as the command (make sure you include the command prefix). Example:
Question: How can I get team leader from others when using the promote command?
Answer: In order for other team members to promote when they are leader, they must have paired with the bot and the server at least once. This is because RustPlusBot requires their server connection information to take their leader.
Question: My Discord tracker isn't updating... is there something wrong?
Answer: If you are using the tracker in another channel, make sure you have given RustPlusBot the required permissions for that channel. If it still isn't updating, try restarting the bot using command
Question: Is it possible to have the bot speak in the Discord?
Answer: Yes, if you enable the Text-to-Speech option in RustPlusBot settings then all team chat messages posted to Discord will be spoken.
Question: My server enforces a chat delay and I think it's messing up the bot, how can I fix this?
Answer: You can configure a team chat delay for the bot in RustPlusBot settings for your Discord.
Question: I've switched servers and paired the bot already, but I am still getting notifications from the previous one?
Answer: To unpair from the previous server: connect to the previous server in-game, and then press Escape, click Rust+ and click Disable.
Question: If I stop the bot when I'm not playing, will I still lose the bot's credit?
Answer: No. When the bot is stopped, your bot credit will not be deducted.
Question: How often will I have to update the bot's Steam Authorization token?
Answer: The bot's token typically lasts two weeks before expiring. You will be alerted in Discord to update it when this happens.
Question: How can I control the bot using my voice? Do I need Alexa or Google?
Answer: You can use your Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to command the RustPlusBot after enabling the Alexa skill, or invoking the Assistant action (see Voice Control).
Question: If I switch Discord servers, do I keep the credit I've purchased?
Answer: Yes, please contact the developer (see below the questions) for assistance with your credit migration.
Question: How can I stop the bot's speech echo when multiple bot players are on the same team?
Answer: Use the
!delayteam chat command to delay your own bot's responses by one or more seconds. When your bot sees the same response was already spoken by another bot player, it will silence it.
Question: Are you also the developer of Rustangelo and Rustrician.io?
Answer: That is correct! RustPlusBot was created by the same developer with the support of many dedicated Rust players.
Question: I like the free trial, but why can't the bot just be free after?
Answer: The payments go towards continued bot development and help support the bot's operating costs.
Question: Is this listed on Top.gg so I can vote it?
Answer: Yes, RustPlusBot is listed on Top.gg here: https://top.gg/bot/892190942352769075
Question: I've got a great idea for the bot... how can I create my own bot commands?
Answer: You can create your own plugins using the Plugin Studio!
Question: Why are Game Event notifications and commands disabled for servers: Rustoria (and others)?
Answer: Server owners / admins have contacted us asking to disable this functionality. Instead of banning or blocking the RustPlusBot, these servers allow it because of the game events restrictions we have put in-place.
- Zombie Land PVE servers will have Game Event functionality disabled starting April 18, 2022.
- Corrosion PvE and Dukes of Rust servers will have Game Event functionality disabled starting June 10, 2022.
- PH Rust Pure PVP Main Vanilla server will have Game Event functionality disabled starting June 23, 2022.
- Blue Collar Rust servers will have Game Event functionality disabled starting June 30, 2022.
- RENEGADE 2x Monthly Main server will have Game Event functionality disabled starting July 8, 2022.
- Rust Empires server will have Game Event functionality disabled starting October 30, 2022.
- RFL servers will have Game Event functionality disabled starting November 28, 2022.
- RustNite servers will have Game Event functionality disabled starting November 28, 2022.